hamsterdb 0.4.7 - Release Notes
This release features performance improvements and bug fixes.
- ham_close and ham_env_close now expect a second parameter (flags). By
specifying the flag HAM_AUTO_CLEANUP, all open cursors (or open
databases, respectively) are automatically closed. Read the samples
to see the flag in action.
- Added the function ham_cursor_get_duplicate_count, which
returns the number of duplicates of a key.
- Fixed a bug in the freelist management, which could result in a loss of
the freelist information and exploding file size.
- Record numbers are no longer reused if the highest recno was deleted
and the database was then reopened.
- Fixed a bug in the cursor management, where a cursor could lose the
- Added a new sample env2.c, which demonstrates a 1:n relationship for
two tables (with the use of duplicate keys).
- It's now enough to initialize a ham_key_t and ham_record_t once in the
beginning, and not before every use. Also added some checks and
errors when using uninitialized ham_key_t or ham_record_t structures.
- Strong performance improvements for duplicate keys.
For more information, read the README and the CHANGELOG.