hamsterdb 1.0.0rc1 - Release Notes
This is the release candidate for version 1.0. A few bugs were fixed, and
the behaviour of ham_close and ham_env_close changed.
- When inserting with ham_cursor_insert, and the function fails, the
cursor became uninitialized
- When inserting keys, a cursor attached to a page could become detached,
but the cursor handle was not updated correctly
- API change for ham_env_close: if you call ham_env_close and there are still
open Databases, the function will no longer fail with HAM_ENV_NOT_EMPTY;
instead, the Databases are closed with ham_close; you still have to
close the Cursors of each Database, though.
- API change for ham_close: if you call ham_close and there are still
open Cursors, the function will no longer fail with HAM_DB_NOT_EMPTY;
instead, the Cursors are invalidated, but you still have to call
ham_cursor_close to prevent memory leaks. Alternatively, the flag
HAM_AUTO_CLEANUP implicitely calls ham_cursor_close on each function.
- Calling ham_set_prefix_compare_func with NULL as a function pointer
does no longer set the default prefix compare function, but completely
disables prefix comparison
- Most errors now emit ham_trace debug messages, which are also compiled
in Release mode; they can be made visible with a custom error handler
- Removed the function ham_dump; it was replaced by a command line tool
in the previous release and is no longer necessary
For more information, read the README and the CHANGELOG.